Rydges Hotels operate quality city, suburban and resort-style hotels in key destinations across Australia and New Zealand, with a refreshingly down-to-earth approach. For more than 30 years, Rydges have provided genuine local hospitality with quality essentials alongside its trademark ‘too easy’ service.
About the Role
Rydges Hotel Queenstown has an opportunity for an enthusiastic and career driven team player to join their team as a Night Auditor to co-ordinate and oversee the running of the hotel in the absence of executive management with particular emphasis on managing all night operations of the hotel, including hotel security and the auditing process.
- Audit the daily activity of front office and food & beverage operations in accordance to policies and procedures
- Provide accurate and up to date financial reports as directed
- Night management of hotel operations in the absence of department HODs
- Ensure guest feedback is recorded accurately as per operational standards and any matters requiring action are resolved in a prompt and efficient manner
- Ensure guest security and privacy is maintained at all times
- Actively contribute towards reaching agreed hotel targets and objectives
Ideally you will have:
- Availability to work 5 overnight shifts including weekends and public holiday
- Experience with Opera
- 2 -3 years in a Guest Services or Front Office Supervisor role in a 4 star Hotel
- Managers certificate is essential for this role
- First Aid certificate
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- A guest service focus
Rydges Queenstown offers a competitive package, including laundry, meals and hotel discounts.
Shared staff accommodation is available with an accommodation partner from $75/week excl gst including all bills and wifi.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How would you rate your English language skills?
- Do you hold a current New Zealand General Managers certificate?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?