We are seeking a Financial Controller to join our Rydges Wellington team
We require an individual who has completed a tertiary level qualification at a recognised institution in Accounting/Commerce/Hospitality/Business and who has experience in a similar role.
The position of Financial Controller is a very “hands on” role working closely with the Hotel Manager and the Financial Operations Controller NZ
Key responsibilities include all the below functions at the hotel :
- Monthly financial and management reporting
- Management of the general ledger eg bank reconciliations and general ledger reconciliations
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Cashiering consolidation
- Payroll – including the associated reporting
- Forecasting and Budgets
- Weekly and adhoc reporting
- And much more…….
To be considered for the for the position you should have :
- A passion for the hospitality industry and must have previous experience in hotel finance
- Proven experience in and commitment to achieving high standards
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills
- Be an Australian or New Zealander or permanent resident of New Zealand
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude with a hunger to learn
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Your application will include the following questions:
- How many years' experience do you have as a financial controller?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?