Together we stand with those in desperate need.
We provide immediate relief and pathways to enable long-term wellbeing.
The Facilities Maintenance role sits within Corporate Services, within the Facilities & Asset Management Team, which is responsible for all Facilities & Asset Management including Built Asset Management and Facilities Maintenance & Improvements for all Auckland City Mission and Auckland City Mission Housing Limited buildings premises.
The Corporate Services team carries out a wide variety of roles within Auckland City Mission and the wider Auckland City Mission Group, (the Group includes Auckland City Mission Housing Limited and the Auckland City Mission Foundation), including Risk Management, Business Services, Facilities and Asset Management, Finance and Accounting, ICT, Distribution and Retail and the HomeGround Building project.
To add to the team we are looking for a Maintenance Co-Ordinator.
You will be responsible for:
- Facilities Maintenance, managing the Building Maintenance System (BMS) and ongoing compliance monitoring, while ensuring that all planned and reactive maintenance is carried out
- Facilities Maintenance Planning, providing support for the Senior Facilities & Asset Manager in strategic asset planning including Whole-Of-Life Cycle asset management ensuring sustainability and energy efficiency. In addition you will plan and co-ordinate all installations and refurbishments as required
- Maintenance of our Data Systems, ensuring all maintenance work is entered into the ACM maintenance system for the delivery of reporting information and expected outcomes
- Regulatory Compliance, ensuring building compliance with the relevant legislation and standards, including relevant territorial authorities and bylaws and report any breaches as soon as they become known
- Supporting the Senior Facilities & Asset Manager ,Business Services Manager and the Health and Safety Co-Ordinator when required
Ideally you will have:
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in a building maintenance environment or equivalent within a facilities, construction or engineering industry
- Experience working within regulatory guidelines including the NZ Building Code and Building Warrant of Fitness
- Experience with BMS, HVAC and/or Building Services equipment
- Experience in supervising and co-ordinating the activities of maintenance contractors
- Current clean Full New Zealand Drivers Licence
- A thorough knowledge of relevant legislation/standards and risk management principles
- An ability to read and interpret working drawings and plans
- Experience working closely with and managing contractors
- Reasonable level of competency with the MS Office suite
- Proven experience in Maintenance preferably within a multi-level site
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills including demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks and deliver on tight deadlines
- The ability to be team player and a willingness and flexibility to adapt to change
Manaakitanga is behavior that acknowledges the mana of others as having equal or greater importance than one’s own, through the expression of aroha, hospitality, generosity and mutual respect.
Committed to equity and seeking dignity for all we will fearlessly advocate with and for those who are going without.
Firstly, the Auckland City Mission recognises the principle of partnership within Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
Secondly, our commitment to partnership stems from a belief that manaakitanga, equity and social justice need to be pursued both within partnerships and through them.
For us partnership is characterised by mutual trust, integrity, respect, transparency, and commitment.
If you like the sound of this role and feel that you would fit into our organisation we would love to hear from you.