Health and Safety Coordinator
Together we stand with those in desperate need.
We provide immediate relief and pathways to enable long-term wellbeing.
The Health & Safety Coordinator role sits within Corporate Services, in the Facilities & Asset Management team. The team is responsible for Asset Management, planned and reactive maintenance and building alterations for all the Auckland City Mission and Auckland City Mission Housing Limited buildings premises.
The Corporate Services team carries out a wide variety of roles within (the Mission) and the wider Mission Group. The Group includes Auckland City Mission Housing Limited (ACMHL) and the Auckland City Mission Foundation. Corporate Services also looks after Business Services, Facilities and Asset Management, Finance and Accounting, Risk Management, ICT, Distribution and Retail and the HomeGround Building project.
To add to the team we are now looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator.
You will be responsible for:
- The delivery of all health and safety initiatives, supporting the Senior Facilities & Asset Manager in safety planning across all the Mission and ACMHL locations
- Maintaining all Health & Safety Record Systems, ensuring that the Mission systems are fit for purpose and are delivering on expected outcomes
- Regulatory Compliance assisting with setting the Mission's Health and Safety Strategy and Policy ensuring that the Mission complies with all legislative and regulatory requirements and report any breaches as soon as they become known
- Ensuring Reporting and Data Collection process's are in place, working in conjunction with the Senior Facilities and Asset Manager with report preparation. In addition ensuring recommendations are thorough and well researched
- Supporting the Maintenance Coordinator and other Mission staff as required
Ideally you will have:
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience in current New Zealand Health and Safety legislation and best practice
- Three to five years of experience in the Health & Safety sector
- Health and Safety experience within the construction industry
- Experience overseeing site safety plans and job safety project analyses
- The ability to manage the identification and mitigation of hazards and risks in the workplace
- To be Familiar with Hot Work and other permits and their process
- The ability to deliver a high level of customer service
- Outstanding organisational skills and solid problem-solving ability
- An eye for detail and ability to deliver within tight time frames
- Experience driving a safety-first culture where people clearly demonstrate safe behaviours
- Great organisational skills with robust communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills including demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks and deliver on tight deadlines
- A can-do positive attitude with a team approach and a willingness and flexibility to adapt to change
- Proficiency in MS Office
- A Full clean New Zealand Driver’s Licence
Manaakitanga is behavior that acknowledges the mana of others as having equal or greater importance than one’s own, through the expression of aroha, hospitality, generosity and mutual respect.
Committed to equity and seeking dignity for all we will fearlessly advocate with and for those who are going without.
Firstly, the Auckland City Mission recognises the principle of partnership within Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
Secondly, our commitment to partnership stems from a belief that manaakitanga, equity and social justice need to be pursued both within partnerships and through them.
For us partnership is characterised by mutual trust, integrity, respect, transparency and commitment.
If you like the sound of this role and feel that you would fit into our organisation we would love to hear from you.