- 12 Curley Avenue, Silverdale 0932, New Zealand
- Department: Engineering, Metering and OnGas
- Engagement type: Permanent - Employee
Who we are
Ongas is the gas brand for Vector Limited, New Zealand’s leading energy company. Vector’s Ongas supplies both piped and bottled LPG to customers throughout New Zealand, with depots from Whangarei all the way down to Invercargill. Ongas retails natural gas to large commercial & industrial users throughout the North Island.
About the role
Based at our sub-depot in Silverdale, this role's key priority is to safely and efficiently deliver LPG cylinders to our commercial and residential customers whilst building strong and lasting relationships. Other daily activities include vehicle safety checks, loading product onto the truck, organising delivery runs and, ensuring the highest level of health and safety is maintained for you, the wider team and our customers.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- A Class 2 HT license with a solid driving history and ideally Dangerous Goods Endorsement (assistance can be given to obtain DG)
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to use handheld computer delivery equipment
- Physically fit, as this is a labour intensive role, with frequent heavy lifting of up to 30kgs.
- Proven ability to self-manage your workload, problem solve and make sound decisions
- An understanding and commitment to Health, Safety and Compliance to a high level
- Satisfactory background screening checks which include a criminal and medical check.
- Hold a current and valid work visa
What's on Offer
You won’t be afraid to roll up your sleeves and learn all you can to become a part of a high performing team whilst promoting our product and services within the community. In return, Vector offers the successful employee a great salary and benefits package second to none!
- Annual $300 fitness grant, Free onsite health checks, discounted healthcare;
- Assistance to obtain LPGA Cylinder Filling certificate and help maintaining current Forklift and DG Licences;
- Full and ongoing training
- Uniform supplied
So if this sounds like the role you're looking for and you have the right experience from either a distribution or process based industry, then why not apply now!
To find out more about OnGas, our products and services, visit us at www.ongas.co.nz
Vector engages a workforce made up of individuals with diverse skills, values, backgrounds and experiences. Vector respects and values people who are different from each other, including gender, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, race and religion.
We welcome applications from all individuals. If you require assistance or accessibility support from us during the application and selection process, please call 06 272 7950.