We are reopening our Gisborne branch and are looking for an experienced glass technician to grow our footprint and lead a small team.
For the right person, we are offering a sign-on and retention bonus of 10%! This will be a substantial amount in addition to a competitive package.
The Leading Hand provides leadership and direction to branch technicians to ensure that our customers have a memorable experience. In addition to the technical aspects of the role, the Leading Hand is responsible for inventory control, loss prevention, safety, branch appearance and more.
What you'll get:
- Competitive weekly pay - 40 hours per week permanent position
- Earn extra cash during our busy summer months
- Paid training (including NZQA certification!), and all the tools and resources you'll need to be successful
- KiwiSaver and Life Insurance from day one
- Discounted Southern Cross Health Insurance
- Discounts from our suppliers (from technology to energy and tires)
- Access to an annual wellbeing fund
What you'll do:
- Motivate and lead activities of Technicians
- Provide training together with the Area Manager and Regional Performance Coach
- Provide world-class customer service
- Install vehicle glass and calibrate advanced driver assistance systems
- Responsible for work orders, reporting, and administration
- Present, promote and sell Value Added Products to customers
What you'll need:
- Minimum of NCEA Level 3 (ideally NZQA NCAR certified)
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude and experience installing auto glass
- Physically strong to lift and carry up to 25 kilos for short periods multiple times a day
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, including Health & Safety and PPE
- A valid New Zealand driver license
- Ability to remain flexible with hours and days trained/worked as workload fluctuates
- Work and collaborate effectively
- Self-motivation, organised, and time-management abilities
Smith&Smith© is part of Belron, the world's leading auto glass company. Belron has c. 27,000 people working in 40 countries with revenues of c. 3.7 billion euro. But we're much more. We're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a diverse and inclusive people-powered organisation -- and our people come first and our culture and values matter. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.