Ficino School is a small independent school in Mt. Eden with a holistic approach to education. We are looking for an experienced and friendly new team member to help assist and serve the preschool and primary children their lunch. The last 45 mins would be spent supervising the lunchtime play. You will need to be patient, calm and confident around children.
Monday to Friday 11:45 a.m. -1:45 p.m.
- Assisting with lunch in the Preschool
- Assisting with lunch in the School
- Supervising the students in the playground.
- Help the staff get ready for lunch service by preparing food
- Effectively supervise students in the Preschool and School dining areas
- Encourage students to eat their food, behave politely and respect others in the dining areas
- Help students with a variety of tasks, such as cutting up their food and clearing plates
- Ensure students keep safe; away from areas that are out of bounds, and don't leave the school premises
- At the end of playtime, line the students up and return the class to the care of their teacher
- Deal with misbehaviour and report any unresolved problems to the duty teacher or Principal
- Tend to students who are sick or injured, ensuring they receive appropriate medical attention, and reporting any serious accidents
- Be aware of responsibilities under child protection legislation, and reporting concerns to the Preschool Head Teacher or Deputy Principal.
- Assist with play activities if required.