Come and join the team and work as a casual Event Service Attendant at Auckland Live, and Auckland Conventions, Venues & Events.
Our iconic venues and public spaces include Aotea Centre, Aotea Square, The Civic, Auckland Town Hall, Shed 10 and the Bruce Mason Centre, and are our stages for presenting a programme of live arts and entertainment for the enjoyment and inspiration of Aucklanders and visitors!
Auckland Live is the leader in performing arts, culture, entertainment, and events in Auckland Tāmaki Makaurau, and is Aotearoa New Zealand’s largest performing arts platform, while Auckland Conventions, Venues & Events facilitates and delivers exceptional events, including meetings, conferences, exhibitions, gala dinners, and awards ceremony from 10 to 2,000 people.
He angitūtanga: The opportunity:
Event Services Attendants are at the heart of the live experience!
We offer flexible, casual work which is rostered on an “as available/as required” basis. Starting rate is $22.75 per hour
Duties include ushering in our theatres, serving food and beverages, selling programmes and show merchandise, and most of all, helping ensure our customers have an unforgettable night out!
We offer an amazing, fun, dynamic and incredibly social working environment. Our team comprises all ages, and we actively welcome mature-aged job seekers to apply!
He kōrero mōu: About you:
Successful applicants will have:
· Enthusiasm and passion for delivering excellent customer service.
· Great social skills, caring attitude, relates well to people from varied backgrounds.
· Love working in a team environment
· Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
· High standard of grooming and presentation
· Experience in hospitality is a bonus.
· An interest in live arts and entertainment!
What we need from you!
· Available to work a minimum of 3 shifts per week, including a Friday night, Saturday night or Sunday, and public holidays, over a 7-day roster period. Each shift is a minimum 3-hour, evening shifts finish approx. 10:30 pm.
· If you are chosen to attend Assessment Centre, will need to complete an e-learning module (approx. 1 hour, requiring access to PC/tablet, broadband internet connection, headphones/speaker, and be completed prior to attending Assessment Centre)
· Available to attend Assessment Centre on Mon 29th Aug from either 3-5pm or 6.30pm – 8.30pm.
· If successful in being offered a position, able to attend the following paid in-person training sessions (note: dates/times subject to change) and complete e-learning modules in the week prior to in-person training:
- Sat 17th Sept 10-5pm
- Mon 19th Sept 6-9:30pm
- Tues 20th Sept 6-9:30pm
Apply now to join the amazing team at Auckland Live and help create memorable experiences for our patrons! We look forward to receiving your application!
Applications close 5pm Fri 19th Aug 2022
Auckland Unlimited is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process