Mr Whippy van driver/operator

$21.20 - $30.00 hourly
  • Mr Whippy
  • Hibiscus Coast and Central Auckland territories
  • 08 Aug, 2022
Part time, Casual, Project/ Seasonal, Fixed Term Retail Sales/ Business Development Seasonal work

Job Description

We are looking for Mr Whippy van drivers/operators to join our small team to work on the Hibiscus Coast and/or in the Central Auckland area this summer season.

Part-time fixed-term and casual contracts available starting in September/October 2022. Applicants living on the Hibiscus Coast, the North Shore or in Central or West Auckland are particularly encouraged to apply.

This is a fun, community-based role. To be a successful Mr Whippy you need to be able to deliver the Mr Whippy experience to our eager customers. A strong customer focus with a friendly attitude is essential.

We are looking for candidates who:

  • have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and enjoy making people happy
  • are reliable, honest and able to work efficiently, unsupervised
  • are available to work on Saturdays on some weekday afternoons and evenings
  • have a full NZ driving licence and can drive a large, manual ice cream van safely
  • are clean and tidy operators who can follow food-safe serving procedures
  • can handle cash and electronic payments accurately and efficiently
  • are problems-solvers and can demonstrate initiative

Previous work experience handling food is preferred, but not required. You’ll be working within a Food Control Plan and all training is provided. We supply you with a Mr Whippy branded work shirt.

The van is currently based in Te Atatu South, so you’ll initially need to have transport to get to and from Te Atatu South each day you work.  Once you’ve successfully completed your probation period and training, there may be an opportunity to take the van home with you in the evenings when you are working on consecutive days.

If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!  Apply with your cv and cover letter by email to:

Applicants for this position should have a full driver licence and NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.