He angitūtanga: The opportunity
Auckland Council is looking for full time and part time Lifeguards to join us over the summer period. Learn new skills and gain a qualification as a lifeguard including first aid training!
There’s never a dull moment at our busy and fun-filled pool facilities, and as a Lifeguard, you will play a key part in ensuring that all customers have an enjoyable but safe experience. No previous experience is necessary.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Providing the community with quality supervision
• Maintaining a fun, caring and safe environment for customers and visitors
We also have plenty of opportunities for permanent full-time and part-time work in other area's of leisure should you wish to expand your skills.
To find out more about our Pool and Leisure Centres, please visit aucklandleisure.co.nz
He kōrero mōu: About you
Previous experience as a Lifeguard is advantageous, but this role will suit anyone that is a confident swimmer and likes working with people. If the below sounds like you, apply now!
• Swim 200m in 6 minutes?
• Duck dive and retrieve an object from the bottom of a 4m deep pool?
• Tread water for 5 minutes?
You will need to be comfortable:
• Completing First Aid training
• Completing our induction training programme (two weeks of paid full-time work prior to regular lifeguard shifts)
• Undergoing a police vetting and drug test prior to commencing employment
You will need to be available during our summer season, which commences from the 19th of November 2022.
This role is classified as a Children's Worker role under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and is deemed a safety-sensitive position.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
We aim for career path development and up-skilling our employees; explore other areas such as Fitness, Recreation Assistants, Customer Service and Learn to Swim Instructors. Council also offers a range of online courses, and 50% off open unitec!
Tono Mai: Apply Now!
Salary range is $23.65 per hour