The southernmost city of New Zealand’s North Island, Wellington is the nation’s capital and arts and culture hot-spot. Our QT is dripping in art, color and creativity, inviting guests and foodies to dine at the extraordinary Hippopotamus, get spicy at Hot Sauce Asian Eatery or mingle in the opulent Lobby Lounge. Work for QT, explore NZ. Simple!
The Room Attendant is a key member of the Housekeeping team responsible for the cleaning of guest rooms and public areas.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Take direction from Supervisor and/or Executive Housekeeper as well as maintaining a proactive approach.
- Converse with and acknowledge guests in a professional manner as they move through the hotel.
- Attend to guest requests and/or comments in a timely manner and ensure to communicate any problems with the Supervisor.
- Be fully conversant with the hotel facilities and services in order to promote the hotel and also to answer any queries from guests.
- Follow and complete all checklists/tasks efficiently and report any difficulties immediately to the Supervisor.
- Be a brand ambassador for the hotel as well as Event Hospitality & Entertainment.
- Ensure to use all equipment and chemicals in accordance to the Standard Operating Procedures as well as Health & Safety procedures.
- Ensure the protection and maintenance of all operating equipment.
- Report any and all maintenance issues immediately to ensure speedy repairs.
- Collects dirty linen and rubbish bags from floors and then place these in the correct area in preparation of laundry pickup.
- Collects all guest laundry/dry cleaning, ensuring that room numbers are clearly marked on laundry dockets.
- Ensure that service areas are fully stocked, clean and tidy at all times.
- Check that rollaway beds, cots and bed boards are in useable condition, well maintained and stored correctly.
- Service and clean public areas in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures within the allocated time.
- Service and clean guest rooms in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures within the allocated time.
- Clean air conditioning vents and filters throughout the hotel on a regular basis.
- Rotate mattresses regularly and keep accurate record of these rotations.
- Restock trolleys/baskets daily or as needed and in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure linen, guest supplies, cleaning materials and equipment is stored, stocked and used in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Report any and all unusual, different or abnormal situations seen in or around the hotel straightaway.
- Look out for and report any potential health and safety hazards to the Supervisor.
- Handle all lost property with care and according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Contribute to cost control through energy conservation, correct storage of all materials and use of equipment as per operation standards and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Follow the hotel policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals to ensure compliance, safety and profitability.
- Give assistance and support to other departments and/or colleagues when needed.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings, training and development programs.
Behaviours & Attributes
- Trustworthy, punctual and a positive attitude.
- Physical fitness to cope with a labour-intensive operation.
- An eye for detail is important to make a flawless room.
- Work together with trust and treat all guests and colleagues from all cultural groups with respect.
Renowned for excellence in guest experiences, design and fine dining. An ideas-driven, ever-evolving and rapidly expanding company. We’re connected to our local creative and culinary communities. Career growth through our Event Entertainment & Hospitality network. Discounted movies at Event Cinemas & hefty accommodation savings. Located in Wellington’s stunning cultural precinct on the water... sounds good right?!