Rydges Wellington Airport is a purpose built Hotel with state of the art facilities, first class bars, satisfying dining experiences and extensive conference facilities. Located within the Wellington Airport precinct, the Hotel is integrated in the terminal building complex, with direct access to the domestic and international terminals. This cutting edge 134 room purpose built hotel offers guests a convenient and refreshing airport dining and accommodation experience.
A self-motivated individual is sought for this position of Night Duty Manager, which is required to autonomously co-ordinate and oversee the operations of the Hotel in the absence of Executive Management.
Particular emphasis will be on assisting the Front Office Manager with the operations of Reception, monitoring hotel security, maximising profitability of operations and to undertake the audit of the current day trading transactions and ensure that they are properly balanced and posted.
* Anticipate and exceed guest needs and desires immediately as they occur during the night shift.
* Ensure that all accommodation, food, beverage and miscellaneous revenue are posted correctly.
* Ensure all Liquor Licensing Laws are observed and complied with by all staff for the Hotel’s Liquor Licensing Regulation requirements.
* Ensure that all cash, cheque, credit card, room charge, and charge back payments have been posted correctly.
* Accurately identify any discrepancy which exist between revenue and payments.
* Complete the night audit reporting requirements accurately.
* Be totally conversant with regard to all aspects of the Hotel’s computer system as they relate to specific night audit functions. Experience with Opera would be an advantage.
* Liaising with accounts to ensure that the necessary information is being reviewed and recorded on a daily basis.
* Ensure that all cashiering policies and procedures are followed.
* Ensure that the necessary documentation exists to support all accounting functions in the Hotel.
* Responding to all guest comments and complaints with professionalism, tact, diplomacy, urgency and a genuine sense of caring at all times.
* Maintaining the established Rydges standard of service throughout the Hotel.
* Ensure all staff present themselves on time and in uniform.
* Maintaining consistent lines of communication with other staff on duty.
* Providing assistance to other departments or outlets when required.
Ultimately we require a candidate who is able to commit to “graveyard shifts”, with a customer service focus and sound attention to detail, whilst being able to work both independently and as an integral part of our team.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.