Due to a recent internal promotion to another EVENT Hotel, we are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our established Management team in Rotorua. Rydges Rotorua is a 100% New Zealand owned, established Hotel in the region, trading under various brands since 1965.
Rydges is part of EVENT Hospitality & Entertainment, a proudly Australian-owned company with over 100 years’ experience in hospitality, entertainment and leisure in Australian & New Zealand. Our hotels stretch from Sydney to Queenstown to Perth and each is locally inspired, just like our team, our customers and you. We’re for making the day better. We include. We nurture talent and promote internally
Qualifications & experience
- Experience in a similar Hotel environment is preferred
- A background in Food & Beverage operations is an advantage
- Experience with iVvy and Opera PMS would be helpful
- LCQ and current Managers Certificate are an advantage
Tasks & responsibilities
- This position is responsible for all aspects of conference and events sales operations
- Co-ordinates and oversees the running of the Conference & Events Department with particular emphasis on growing revenue and accurate forecasting
- They contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel by identifying innovative ways to convert enquiries and developing strong relationships with clients
- Working closely with the General Manager, Revenue, Sales and Operational teams, ensuring a positive guest experience from the time of enquiry to the point of check out and beyond.
- Can be required to assist in the delivery of conferences.
- Incredible team member discounts from your first day on-the-job
- 50% off stays at EVENT hotels – Rydges, QT, Atura, JUCY Snooze
- $2 movie tickets, plus Moonlight, Gold Class, Candy Bar discounts
- Rapid career growth opportunities through our EVENT network