We are looking for an energetic, experienced and professional Bar Person - Team Leader to join our team at the Portlander Bar and Grill at Rydges Wellington.
We have a strong team of motivated individuals and nurture a culture of learning and development for those that show potential and drive.
Our Bar at Portlander is an important part of our service and will require someone malleable, able to think quickly on your feet and very very customer focused!
We can range from a bit busy to VERY busy and need someone who can adapt to the quick change in tempo as well as keep the team on task and on track. Some experience in restaurant would be a bonus too as we are all part of the same team and help each other out when we can!
Wine/Beverage knowledge will be looked upon favourably, as well as a great attitude and gregarious personality. if you love top shelf spirits, wines and cocktails as well as great service then please apply!
You will need to have some experienced in guest focused F&B roles, and experience in Bar.
This role could suit someone with some time under their belt looking for the next step in a place with a great reputation for service and attention to detail.
Experience with POS systems, Cash handling and multi tasking is a minimum.
- Take direction from the Outlet Manager and/or Food & Beverage Manager.
- Direct and supervise F&B team on shift to ensure a high level of productivity and customer experience at all times.
- General duties may include but is not limited to:
- welcoming customers,
- processing payments,
- controlling the flow of the venue.
- Have an understanding of labour costs in order to manage costs within the shift.
- Support and actively cultivate an environment of positive service within the department to ultimately achieve a level of service quality that consistently meets and exceeds the expectations of guests and team members.
- Ensure that all team members have adequate knowledge of the venue, products, hotel and its facilities, services, pricing, systems and PGR.
- Recommend and implement training of F&B teams with emphasis on structured on-the-job training.
- Ensure the accurate record keeping of all training checklists to ensure that all training aspects are documented, tracked and reviewed regularly.
- Monitor and report on the morale of the team.
- Provide feedback and practical suggestions on how to increase team morale, team development and service levels in order to ultimately achieve overall better results.
- Warrant an effective system of quality control by utilising shift checklists, revision of procedures and implementation of standards.
- Anticipate and attend to customer requests and/or comments in a timely manner and effectively communicating and logging feedback. Ensure to communicate any problem with the Supervisor.
- Ensure that bookings are maximised within the outlet by utilising yielding strategies developed in conjunction with Management.
- Follow and enforce the venue and hotel policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals to ensure compliance, safety and profitability.
- Ensure all possible controls are in place to deter any cash or stock losses.
- Assist with stock takes for beverage, ensuring par levels are met.
- Monitor par levels of beverage stock and replacement items and equipment.
- Facilitate ordering of replacement stock in conjunction with management.
- Ensure the protection and maintenance of all operating equipment in conjunction with the maintenance manager.
- Be fully conversant with the menus, wine list, loyalty programs, hotel facilities and services in order to promote these facilities and services to customers and provide training to team members.
- Promote EVENT properties to guests wherever possible.
- Be a brand ambassador for the venue, hotel as well as Event Hospitality & Entertainment.
- Give assistance and support to other departments and/or colleagues when needed.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings, training and development programmes.
This is a Full Time Position
Only those who work well with others, work hard and are very reliable need apply - positivity and team work is what we are building!