We are currently seeking a Chef De Partie to join our highly motivated and hard working team.
The successful applicant :
- Must have at least 5 years' experience
- Experience in conferencing and A la Carte essential
- Ability to work well in a large team
- Ability to lead and develop junior chefs
- Reliable and flexible
- Available for a 7 day roster that covers all service times
- Eager to learn and develop yourself
- Ensure that the Hotel’s kitchens produce a high quality food product at all times.
- Anticipate and attend to the guest’s needs and desires immediately.
- Prepare sauces, soups and hot dishes for service and special functions.
- Demonstrate superior recipe knowledge for every item on the Hotel’s menus.
- Monitor food quality and quantity as it relates to portion control.
- Monitor all food storage facilities to ensure that proper storage techniques are being used and that the cleanliness standards of the Hotel are being maintained.
- Requisition the appropriate amount of food product in accordance with the established Hotel policies and procedures.
- Complete all work responsibilities and assignments in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all standard recipes are followed in all outlets.
- Contribute to and assist with the development of junior chefs in conjunction with sous chef and executive chef.
- Contribute to menu planning/costing and implementation as set out by hotel procedure in conjunction with executive chef.
- Maintain your self-appearance in accordance with the hotel’s grooming standards.
- Maintain an harmonious relationship with other members of the service team and aide in the development of a positive culture and working environment.
- Maintain an acceptable degree of knowledge with regard to food product.
- Comply with all of the established hotel operational policies & procedures.
- Maintain a clean & safe working environment.
- Have a full knowledge of, and practice all of the hotel’s established occupational health and safety guidelines (OH&S).
- Ensure the protection and maintenance of all operating equipment
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Executive Chef.
If you believe that you are the person described above and have the energy, drive and commitment to join a progressive team in a growing hotel chain that prides itself on their people; and only if you are prepared to follow through and demonstrate this, then please apply.
This role is a Full Time Position
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.