Rydges Wellington is looking for an enthusiastic Commis Chef to join our team.
The person we are seeking must have the following characteristics and experience:
- Professional, dedicated with a can do attitude.
- Ability to work closely with the other members of the kitchen team.
- Must have visa to work in NZ.
- Experience in similar positions for at least 12 months.
- Reliability, flexibility & motivation.
- Strong work ethic and customer service focus.
- Anticipate and attend to the guest’s needs and desires immediately.
- Work in the kitchen as directed on a daily basis.
- Ensure that your work is carried out in a timely and efficient fashion.
- Minimise wastage at all times.
- Maintain a clean and safe working area at all times.
- Ensure that the established standard operating procedures are followed at all times.
- Help produce an environment of learning and professionalism.
- Carry out any other related duties as directed by the senior Chefs.
- Maintain your self appearance in accordance with the hotel’s grooming standards.
- Maintain a harmonious relationship with other members of the service team.
- Maintain an acceptable degree of knowledge with regard to food product.
- Comply with all of the established hotel operational policies & procedures.
- Have a full knowledge of, and practice all of the hotel’s established occupational health and safety guidelines (OH&S).
This is a Full Time Position
If this sounds like you please apply, however only successful applicants will be contacted.