Portlander Bar & Grill are looking for a vibrant, charismatic, Food and Beverage Attendant with the right experience to be part of our hardworking team.
- Take direction from the Supervisor and/or Manager as well as maintaining a proactive approach.
- Anticipate and attend to customer’s needs and desires immediately, ensuring that all customer interaction is done in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
- Follow and complete all checklists/tasks efficiently during your shift and report any difficulties immediately to the Supervisor.
- General duties may include but is not limited to:
- running food and/or drinks,
- taking food and/or drink orders,
- clearing tables,
- moving furniture,
- washing plates, cups and glasses,
- assisting in stock take,
- counting and balancing tills,
- making barista coffees,
- mixing drinks,
- re-stocking of minibar,
- general cleaning within the venue.
- Requisition stock, fruit and consumables and check off stock when delivered.
- Ensure that the allocated section(s) are stocked in accordance with established par levels.
- Monitoring the physical presentation of all public guest spaces, ensuring the lighting, atmosphere, and ambience are appropriate.
- Communicate effectively within the team to ensure that service times are optimal.
- You will be responsible for operation of the POS systems, accurately processing all cash and card transactions, and held accountable for your till.
- Comply with all of the venue’s standards when producing and dispensing food and beverage products.
- Communicate any issues or incidents to management.
- Be fully conversant with the menus, wine list, loyalty programs, hotel facilities and services in order to promote these facilities and services to customers.
- Promote EVENT properties to guests wherever possible.
- Be a brand ambassador for the venue, hotel as well as Event Hospitality & Entertainment.
- Follow the hotel policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals to ensure compliance, safety and profitability.
- Give assistance and support to other departments and/or colleagues when needed.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings, training and development programmes.
At Portlander we are genuine and generous, aiming to please the discerning crowd.
We also show great respect for other peoples' cultures, values and customs, acting with integrity, fairness and honesty.
Our training will develop a level of confidence that will enable you to do your best. You will be expected to embrace change and show flexibility, enjoy your work, take ownership and use initiative to solve problems, provide exceptional service with enthusiasm, confidently take on challenges to deliver excellence and moreover enjoy celebrating everyone's contribution and success.
This is a part time position