Portlander Bar & Grill are looking for a vibrant, charismatic, supervisor with the right experience to help lead and develop our lovely team.
As our Food and Beverage Supervisor you will be an integral part of our management team, and you will epitomise the very essence of 'Portlander'. You will be a passionate leader within our business, stylish in look and charm with very strong communication and organizational abilities, and bring with you the ability to lead a dedicated team.
* Ensure consistent outstanding guest experience for all patrons
* Assist in leading & inspiring a well-structured team of food and wine professionals to provide consistently outstanding service and guest care
* Act as an ambassador of the Hotel with guests, colleagues and suppliers
* Assist in developing, implementing & monitoring appropriate service & performance standards to ensure consistently outstanding guest experience for guests
* Conduct sales & marketing activities in order to drive business growth & profit
* Provide effective day-to-day communication with guests, colleagues & teams
* Previous experience in a similar position in a luxury or awarded Restaurant environment
* Fluent written & verbal English is essential
* Sound knowledge of hospitality
* Business acumen
* Service excellence
* People management
* Sense of humour
* Style and charisma
* Drive and resilience
- Take direction from the Outlet Manager and/or Food & Beverage Manager.
- Direct and supervise F&B team on shift to ensure a high level of productivity and customer experience at all times.
- General duties may include but is not limited to:
- assign tables,
- welcoming customers,
- seating customers,
- processing payments,
- controlling the flow of the venue.
- Have an understanding of labour costs in order to manage costs within the shift.
- Support and actively cultivate an environment of positive service within the department to ultimately achieve a level of service quality that consistently meets and exceeds the expectations of guests and team members.
- Ensure that all team members have adequate knowledge of the venue, products, hotel and its facilities, services, pricing, systems and PGR.
- Recommend and implement training of F&B teams with emphasis on structured on-the-job training.
- Ensure the accurate record keeping of all training checklists to ensure that all training aspects are documented, tracked and reviewed regularly.
- Monitor and report on the morale of the team.
- Provide feedback and practical suggestions on how to increase team morale, team development and service levels in order to ultimately achieve overall better results.
- Warrant an effective system of quality control by utilising shift checklists, revision of procedures and implementation of standards.
- Anticipate and attend to customer requests and/or comments in a timely manner and effectively communicating and logging feedback. Ensure to communicate any problem with the Supervisor.
- Ensure that bookings are maximised within the outlet by utilising yielding strategies developed in conjunction with Management.
- Follow and enforce the venue and hotel policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals to ensure compliance, safety and profitability.
- Ensure all possible controls are in place to deter any cash or stock losses.
- Assist with stock takes for beverage, ensuring par levels are met.
- Monitor par levels of beverage stock and replacement items and equipment.
- Facilitate ordering of replacement stock in conjunction with management.
- Ensure the protection and maintenance of all operating equipment in conjunction with the maintenance manager.
- Be fully conversant with the menus, wine list, loyalty programs, hotel facilities and services in order to promote these facilities and services to customers and provide training to team members.
- Promote EVENT properties to guests wherever possible.
- Be a brand ambassador for the venue, hotel as well as Event Hospitality & Entertainment.
- Give assistance and support to other departments and/or colleagues when needed.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings, training and development programmes.
* Hotel discounts worldwide within Rydges Hotels and Resorts
* Discounted cinema tickets at Event Cinemas
* Variety of discounts to Event properties
At Portlander we are genuine and generous, aiming to please the discerning crowd.
We also show great respect for other peoples' cultures, values and customs, acting with integrity, fairness and honesty.
Our training will develop a level of confidence that will enable you to do your best. You will be expected to embrace change and show flexibility, enjoy your work, take ownership and use initiative to solve problems, provide exceptional service with enthusiasm, confidently take on challenges to deliver excellence and moreover enjoy celebrating everyone's contribution and success.
This is a Full Time Position
Only successful candidates will be contacted.