Rydges Wellington is a 4.5 star hotel property perfectly located in the heart of Wellington that offers 280 guest rooms, 24 hour reception, contemporary dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner, conference facilities, gym and pool services and a multitude of nearby activities.
We are looking for a part - time Porter to join our busy team. In this role you will to be working with a team which is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. Experience in customer service is essential. You will need to have a great personality and be totally committed
to providing excellent customer service.
Key tasks include
•Anticipate and attend to the guest’s needs and desires immediately
•Ensure that all Hotel guests’ luggage, messages, and special requests are handled promptly and efficiently
•Liaise with Concierge and front desk staff to ensure that the special requirements of groups and FIT travelers are dealt with in a timely manner
•Valet Car Parking
•Ensuring every guest receives exceptional service
Successful applicants will
•Be well organised, helpful and display strong attention to detail
•Have experience in dealing with customers on the phone and face-to- face
•Be able to stay calm when it’s very busy
•Confident in dealing with any situation
•Display common sense and initiative
•Be familiar with all aspects of the Front Office Computer system
•Have a Can-do attitude
•Be well presented
- Take direction from Concierge and/or Duty Manager as well as maintaining a proactive approach.
- Welcoming guests and maintain an up-to-date and accurate Hotel greeting board.
- Converse with and acknowledge guests in a professional manner as they move through public areas.
- Provide luggage service to all guests, ensuring that all luggage and heavy lifting is done so in accordance with WHS safe lifting procedures.
- Anticipate and attend to guest requests and/or comments in a timely manner and ensure to communicate any problems with the Concierge/Duty Manager.
- Providing information, recommending and booking activities in the area, alternative dining options, transportation.
- Ensure that all activities or items purchased on behalf of guests are billed/recharged accordingly.
- Record any external activities booked to ensure any commissions earned from these activities are processed accordingly.
- Assist guests with parking service if required. Communicate effectively the process to the guest, ensure parking policies and procedures are strictly followed.
- Monitor the hotel’s car park and take the necessary steps to correct any security or cleanliness deficiency.
- Provide Barista service when required.
- Be fully conversant with the hotel facilities, services and rates in order to promote hotel facilities and answer any queries from guests.
- Ensure that the hotel public areas and particularly front entrance remain clean and tidy.
- Follow and complete all checklists/tasks efficiently and report any difficulties immediately to the Duty Manager.
- Promote Priority Guest and assist guests enrolling into the program.
- Promote EVENT properties to guests wherever possible.
- Be a brand ambassador for the hotel as well as Event Hospitality & Entertainment.
- Follow the hotel policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals to ensure compliance, safety and profitability.
- Arrange and execute mail and deliveries when required.
- Give assistance and support to other departments and/or colleagues when needed.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings, training and development programmes.
All applicants must have a full NZ drivers licence and be able to drive manual and automatic vehicles.
Rydges Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.