We are looking for an energetic, experienced and professional Restaurant Team Leader to join our team at the Portlander Bar and Grill at Rydges Wellington.
We have a strong team of motivated individuals and nurture a culture of learning and development for those that show potential and drive.
Portlander Bar and Grill is an important part of our service and will require someone malleable, able to think quickly on your feet and very very customer focused!
We can range from a bit busy to VERY busy and need someone who can adapt to the quick change in tempo as well as keep the team on task and on track.
Wine/Beverage knowledge will be looked upon favourably, as well as a great attitude and gregarious personality. if you love top shelf spirits, wines and cocktails as well as great service then please apply!
You will need to have some experienced in guest focused F&B roles, and experience in Restaurant.
This role could suit someone with some time under their belt looking for the next step in a place with a great reputation for service and attention to detail.
Experience with POS systems, Cash handling and multi tasking is a minimum.
- Take direction from the Supervisor and/or Manager as well as maintaining a proactive approach.
- Anticipate and attend to customer’s needs and desires immediately, ensuring that all customer interaction is done in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
- Follow and complete all checklists/tasks efficiently during your shift and report any difficulties immediately to the Supervisor.
- General duties may include but is not limited to:
- running food and/or drinks,
- taking food and/or drink orders,
- clearing tables,
- moving furniture,
- washing plates, cups and glasses,
- assisting in stock take,
- counting and balancing tills,
- making barista coffees,
- mixing drinks,
- re-stocking of minibar,
- general cleaning within the venue.
- Requisition stock, fruit and consumables and check off stock when delivered.
- Ensure that the allocated section(s) are stocked in accordance with established par levels.
- Monitoring the physical presentation of all public guest spaces, ensuring the lighting, atmosphere, and ambience are appropriate.
- Communicate effectively within the team to ensure that service times are optimal.
- You will be responsible for operation of the POS systems, accurately processing all cash and card transactions, and held accountable for your till.
- Comply with all of the venue’s standards when producing and dispensing food and beverage products.
- Communicate any issues or incidents to management.
- Be fully conversant with the menus, wine list, loyalty programs, hotel facilities and services in order to promote these facilities and services to customers.
- Assist management in ensuring the team’s product knowledge is at an acceptable level.
- Assist with the training of Food & Beverage Attendants with emphasis on structured on-the-job training.
- Assist in the allocation of roles to the team during the shift as required from a service perspective.
- Assist in the supervision of team members within the venue.
- Promote EVENT properties to guests wherever possible.
- Be a brand ambassador for the venue, hotel as well as Event Hospitality & Entertainment.
- Follow the hotel policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals to ensure compliance, safety and profitability.
- Give assistance and support to other departments and/or colleagues when needed.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings, training and development programmes.
Only those who work well with others, work hard and are very reliable need apply - positivity and team work is what we are building!
This is a Part Time Position