Rydges Wellington Airport is new purpose built Hotel with state of the art facilities and first class bar and dining experiences. Located within the Wellington Airport precinct, the Hotel is integrated in the terminal building complex, with direct access to the domestic and international terminals. This cutting edge 134 room purpose built hotel offers guests a convenient and refreshing airport dining and accommodation experience.
As our Food and Beverage Supervisor, you will be an integral part of our management team, epitomising the very essence of our restaurant. You will be a passionate leader within our business, stylish in look and charm with strong communication and organisational abilities, bringing with you the ability to lead a dedicated team
YOU WILL :
• Train staff in the efficient and effective use of point of sale and bookings systems within the bars and restaurant. Competent in the use of computer systems including but not limited to Microsoft office, point of sale systems (such as Shiji and Opera) would be an advantage.
• Ensure that bookings are maximised within the outlets by utilising yielding strategies developed in conjunction with Management. In addition to this ensure group bookings are managed in the bars and restaurant ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Ensure all cashiering policies and procedures are followed.
• Ensure all possible controls are in place to deter any cash or stock losses.
• Allocate roles to staff during the shift as required from a service perspective.
• Ensure the total supervision of all food and beverage staff within the bars and restaurant.
• Have a full knowledge of the Hotel’s food and beverage service policies and procedures and facilitate the training of staff in these policies and procedures including on the job training.
• Assist with stock take for beverage for the various outlets.
• Assist in monitoring of par levels for beverage stock and replacement items and facilitate ordering of replacement stock in conjunction with Management
• Knowledge of loyalty programmes and ensure staff are trained appropriately in the application of these programs.
• Ensuring customer satisfaction is met at the highest level and attend to guest’s needs and desires immediately.
• Maintain a harmonious relationship with team members in all departments.
• Give assistance to other departments or outlets when required.
MUST HAVE :
• Previous experience in a similar position in an awarded Restaurant environment
• Training, computer and organisational skills
• Fluent written & verbal English is essential
• Sound knowledge of hospitality
• Business acumen
• Service excellence
• People management
WOULD BE HIGHLY REGARDED :
• Diploma in Food and Beverage or Hospitality
• General Manager Certificate (Sale of Liquor Act)
• Sense of Humour
• Style and Charisma
• Drive and Resilience
• Car parking
• Hotel discounts worldwide within Rydges Hotels and Resorts
• Complimentary cinema tickets at Event Cinemas
• Variety of discounts to EVT properties