Contribute to the safe undertaking of work on-board vessels, on a major project.
- 3+ month contract
- Excellent hourly rate
About the role:
Use your engineering knowledge to ensure safe systems of work are in place to authorise work onboard vessels. This will include working closely with Naval personnel and third party Contractors to:
Skills + Experience:
- Review work orders (JSEA's) to ensure the scope is clear and sufficient to enable hazards, controls and isolation requirements to be identified.
- Witness and verify isolations (prove/test/prove).
- Co-ordinate and verify the Lock Out Tag Out process.
- Authorise work to commence - once all paperwork and testing has been completed and signed off.
For this role you will need:
- A relevant Trade Qualification in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering).
- At least 3 years NZ Industry work experience.
- A good knowledge of safety processes and working to best practice.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to complete documentation to a high standard.
- Two verbal references.
- Have a clean criminal record.
This role would be ideal for experienced Mechanical or Electrical engineers who are looking to take a step back in their career to a less physical more, safety and process oriented role.Pay + Benefits:
About the Company:
- Excellent rates (for PAYE or GST contractors)
- Job specific training + PPE will be provided
Our client is a stable, essential service business who is the major provider of engineering services to the marine industry in NZ, operating at NZ’s largest dry dock. They undertake major projects for the refurbishment of Naval vessels and offer a range of short and long term project based contracts. How to Apply:
Click on Apply Now to start your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note: To apply for this position, you must be residing in New Zealand and be a permanent resident or have a relevant working visa, with a clean criminal record.Ref:1063319