We invite you to join our APC Technical Solutions Christchurch team as a full-time Service Technician for Gas Detection and embark on an exciting career journey within the South Island.
If you have a passion for servicing technical, electrical & electronic instrumentation and a desire to make a difference in ensuring safety, this opportunity is perfect for you.
As a Service Technician based in Christchurch, your skills and knowledge in gas detection & instrumentation servicing will be an important addition to our growing team. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to gain hands-on experience and establish a strong foundation in this specialised field. Travel throughout the South Island will be required.
- Conduct scheduled service inspections, including testing, and maintenance of gas detection equipment, ensuring compliance with industry standards and manufacturer guidelines.
- Perform repairs and calibrations, contributing to the reliable functioning of gas detection systems.
- Utilise our software tools to maintain accurate records of equipment, service history, and parts used, ensuring a streamlined and organised process.
- Provide exceptional customer service by addressing inquiries, offering technical advice & support, and ensuring timely communication throughout the service process.
- Travel throughout the South Island will be required – typically during normal working hours.
- Adhere to strict safety protocols and professional standards in all aspects of work, promoting a culture of safety and excellence.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous electrical experience and/or qualifications required.
- A passion for technical work and a keen interest in electrical instrumentation, and/or gas detection systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot and repair technical equipment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to provide friendly and professional customer service.
- Effective time management skills to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy in record-keeping.
- A commitment to maintaining a safe work environment.
NZ Safety Blackwoods is the country’s leading supplier of industrial products, personal protective equipment, packaging and work wear, as well as industry specific training, testing and consulting services.
NZ Safety Blackwoods is all about taking care – taking care of our customers, our community and each other.
- Great package + incentives!
- Great staff discounts on a wide variety of products
- Fun, friendly and innovative work environment!
- Excellent training and development programmes/opportunities
Apply Now and tell us why it is you that we should be welcoming into the NZ Safety Blackwoods family!
NZ Safety Blackwoods promotes and adheres to the principles and practices of diversity. We are also very proud to be an official partner of KidsCan and a Mates In Construction Impact Premium Partner