Do you enjoy driving? Are you looking for part time work?
Cross Country Rentals has a great opportunity to join our Auckland team as a SESTA (Specialised School Transport Assistance) driver.
We are offering both permanent and casual part-time positions for this highly fulfilling and rewarding community role, covering routes throughout Central & East Auckland.
What you'll do:
- SESTA drivers provide safe and reliable transport for students who have safety or mobility needs that prevent them from travelling independently
- Driving morning and afternoon during the school terms
- Provide exceptional service to students, parents, caregivers, teachers and support staff
We are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills, you'll enjoy talking to people!
- Physically fit with an enthusiastic, patient, and caring attitude
- A safe and confident driver with a clean record, having held a full New Zealand driver's licence for at least 2 years
- Having a Passenger Endorsement is valuable but not mandatory since we can support you in obtaining one
- Ability to pass a medical, police vetting and undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
We're dedicated to your success and will provide comprehensive training.
What's in it for you?
- Flexibility - Time off between morning and afternoon shifts, giving you flexibility during the day
- Work-Life Balance - Relish the freedom of having school holidays and weekends off
- Commuter Benefits - Your daily work commute is on us - You'll be driving a modern light vehicle (car or van) typically based at your home
- Positive Work Environment - Become part of an enthusiastic and diverse team that is truly passionate about their work.
- Community Impact - A rewarding experience supporting your local community
Yes, we're a vehicle rental company but we're more than just that! We are a kiwi, family owned and operated company with branches throughout New Zealand. Transporting people is extremely important to us, taking students to/from school and supporting our local community is a big part of what we've been doing for almost 100 years!
Our recruitment process will include an interview, pre-employment drive and reference checks.
Interested or want to know more?
Phone: 027 944 0018
We will be reviewing applications as they are received. All candidates for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.