About the business
Specified by New Zealand's top architects and designers, our products can be found in the country's leading homes and commercial buildings. The company also owns a nationwide network of joinery distribution merchants. Our products include natural wood veneer, melamine, acrylic and laminate interior panel products. We also supply high pressure laminates and engineered stone benchtops along with a range of substrates. Due to increasing activity we need to expand our team.
About the role
This is a hands-on role and one that requires high standards of customer service and a good degree of health and fitness.
In this role you will need to collaborate internally with other Samples team members, sales teams, customer services, despatch and the marketing team.
- Client service and despatch – promptly responding to requests for samples via website, internal samples portal, via email and direct to the Samples room.
- Sample finishing.: Ensure all samples are correctly finished, labelled, and stored as required for each brand, and for clients with custom range requirements.
- Sample assembly: ensuring the timely production of sample folders, sample boards and sample boxes.
- Helping the Sample Distribution Manager with tasks that may include using a sample docking and drilling machine, sample labeller and printing machine, and various other tasks as are required on a day to day basis.
Skills and experience
Ability to work hands-on as part of a team in a supportive and positive manner.
- High attention to detail, especially with correct spelling and layout of sample labels.
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- A sense of humour and an ability to deal with the unexpected in a calm and professional manner.
- Excellent relationship/communication skills and ability to relate at all levels
- Good standard of written and oral English is essential.
- Good level of health and physical fitness as the role involves lifting and carrying.
- Comfortable working with machinery involved in cutting, docking and drilling.
- Willingness to try new things and cope with deployment to other areas of the business in a short-term capacity should this be required.
The Sample room is an incredibly busy environment with a small, tight-knit team and we need someone who is able to get on with people of all ages, ethnicities, cultural and genders.