- Amazing opportunity to be involved & manage a diverse group of Clients & Events
- Excellent locations, great team environment & competitive pay!
- Be supported by an organisation who is committed to your Training & Development
An opportunity has come up to lead the Red Badge Group team across the Otago Region. In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of events and asset protection across all divisions of Red Badge Group – Red Security, Awesome Events and Red Badge Security encompassing some of the largest and most high-profile events in the region.
Central to your success will be your ability to engage, develop and lead an outstanding team across varying levels of the organisation whilst driving partnerships with clients to understand their needs and deliver the highest level of customer service and crowd management in New Zealand.
100% New Zealand owned, Red Badge Group is New Zealand's largest provider of crowd management services across stadia, music events, sporting events, conferences and exhibitions. Red Badge Group has a wide range of clients who we provide our customer service and crowd management services to. In Otago, you will be involved in events such as Super smash T20, Black Caps Cricket, Super Rugby 2021, Crowded House, the Duded, and many more national & international Concerts and Events.
We are looking for an outstanding leader who has the drive, experience and capability to take our team to the next level. Critical to the success of this role will be engaging and collaborating with the internal Otago team, to achieve shared success across the business.
At a relationship level this role will be the key point of contact for our largest clients in the region. The role will have a large focus on partnerships with key stakeholders and be able to develop an understanding of expectations whilst decisively ensuring these expectations are exceeded by your team. You will also be responsible for the business development of the Otago region.
As part of the development of this role you will be engaged in the delivery of major events all over New Zealand.
We are seeking an individual who can demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and commitment that will inspire both the customer and team. The role will require flexible working hours including nights and weekends in order to support high profile events and match days at all times.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Foster a high performing and exciting environment in order to be able to attract the best people.
- Establish and maintain outstanding working relationships with all stakeholders and clients to enable the delivery of all services.
- Ensure that all new employees are fully inducted and trained to carry out their specific roles.
- Ensure all events are adequately resourced with personnel and integrate this provision within the total event planning.
- Ensure that all venue policies and procedures are fully implemented, adhered to and communicated to employees ensuring that all workers are working to the venues values.
- Have a strong focus on the development of your team with a view of being the ‘best in the business’.
- Constructively challenge current thinking and practice, offering new ideas, alternatives or improvements to existing products, services and approaches.
- Work closely with supporting functions to find efficiencies and implement processes that ensure we are running a financially successful operation.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Planning and organisational experience within a customer focused business.
- A passion for being involved in and ultimately leading great high performing teams
- People management skills- able to build and maintain relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent financial literacy
- Ability to maintain discipline and enforce minimum standards.
- Flexibility - this is not your usual 9-5 job - working evenings/ weekends is required at times.
- Full clean New Zealand driving licence and Criminal History Slate.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to identify client/business needs
- Delivering service excellence within a client environment
- Delivering success through leading and inspiring high performing teams and positive workplace cultures
- Strong partnering, communication, influencing and presentation skills with an emphasis on the customer
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Adaptable and able to reprioritise at short notice
Coming into Summer of 2020/2021, these are exciting times ahead for our industry and for local events! This is a brilliant opportunity to develop to your potential in the event operations space, with the best company in the business.
Check us out!!
Make your next choice Red Badge Group......