Contract: Permanent, Part Time
Hours: 11.5 hours per week - Wednesdays & Saturdays
Location: SPCA Nelson Op Shop
About the role
An experienced Op Shop Assistant is required to run the Op Shop on rostered days.
Responsibilities will include:
• Supervising the volunteer team,
• Operating the Point of Sale tool
• Undertaking daily cash balancing
• Maintaining the Health and Safety of the shop
• Merchandising and display
• Sorting and storing donated goods
• Customer service and sales
What we can offer you
We can offer you the opportunity to help make a difference for New Zealand's animals while working with a number of passionate volunteers and SPCA team members. Onsite parking is available.
What we need from you
Our ideal candidate will:
• Have experience in customer service and sales, preferably in an Op Shop/Retail environment
• Have excellent communication and customer service skills
• Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads
• Have people leadership experience, ideally within the not for profit sector with volunteers
• Be a strong team player with a positive attitude and willingness to work hard.
Who we are
The SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
To find out more about us, go here https://www.spca.nz/what-we-do.
Applications without a cover letter stating why you feel you are suited to this role, will NOT be considered.
Applications close on Wednesday 3rd March 2021.
Please click onto this link for further details, file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/Nelson-Op-Shop-Assistant-PD-Dec-2020.pdf