Smith&Smith is NZ's leading vehicle glass repair and replacement company, and our busy Auckland Distribution Centre is at the heart of our customer's journeys!
We have a great entry-level opportunity for a reliable and hard working Storeperson to join our busy Auckland Distribution Centre in Penrose!
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to get into full time work, we don't work unsociable night shifts - day shifts only!
Our Distribution Centre and is responsible for packing and sending glass & accessories to our branches, receipting and processing damaged goods, and providing a delivery freight service around our Auckland locations.
What would you do?
- The opportunity to grow your customer service skills and be part of a longstanding team
- Variety of warehouse activities such as loading and unloading goods, receipting goods, completing timely and accurate follow up paperwork.
- With training, be accountable for your own Health and Safety, following best practice and exceed Belron NZ / Smith&Smith standards.
- Weekend and Public Holiday work is expected over the busy summer period
- Operating machinery and vehicles, you must hold a full and clean NZ Driver License.
- Be an effective and reliable team member - strong communication skills are a MUST
- Unpack, check documentation, relocate and record incoming stock and returns from our branches
- Investigate quality related issues
- Contribute to the upkeep of our Auckland Distribution Centre
We are looking for:
- Ability to work in a team
- A decent level of physical fitness - some of our windscreens can weigh up to 25kg, so ability to lift the same is necessary. Heavy lifting and working at heights is required so keep this in mind.
- A fair level of understanding or experience using a Microsoft Office (Excel and Outlook)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics365 Advanced Warehousing would be great!
- Previous warehouse experience would be an advantage but not necessary
This role is based on 40 hours per week, but this can increase based on demand, especially over our busy summer period.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, apply now!
Applicants must be able to work in NZ and have a clean NZ drivers licence (restricted or full).